Why this blog?

Because the "900 lb. gorilla in the room" that no one talks about is where we are really headed... not only has the economy hit the skids, and all sorts of environmental events are attention grabbers, but there just MIGHT be something more afoot as we approach 2012. Although Y2K was a "non-event", we probably really ARE on the verge of a consciousness evolution and spiritual revolution. The intent of this blog is to be a harbinger -- to help sound the wake-up call.

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

You're "in" or you're OUT ~!

     Well, it tells you something when I've resorted to posting funnies here...  but then it IS MY blogspot~!  Just too much going on to post / paste the really "serious" stuff that I'm prone to -- but shally return.  What with all the rain we're had here in the desert, I've had to crank up the lawn mower MANY times of late, AND do battle royal with the tumbleweeds -- but I'm winning. 
     Then there's the watering (of container garden), canning to do, and prep work for mesquite bean jelly~!  And more reading to be done when I'm too pooped (or sunburned) to work outside any longer.  Just got used copy of "The End of Oil" to plow through.  This was printed in 2005, so NOT the most recent, but still a VERY good overview.  PREPARE, PREPARE, PREPARE -- so says Pauline Revere here~!  (my new pen name).
TO PEE OR NOT TO PEE.

     Like most folks in this country, I have a job.  I work, they pay me.  I pay my taxes & the government
distributes my taxes as it sees fit.  In order to get that paycheck, in my case, I am required to pass a random
urine test (with which I have no problem).
     What I do have a problem with is the distribution of my taxes to people who don't have to pass a urine test. So, here is my question:  Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check?
     Because I have to pass one to earn it for them?   Please understand, I have no problem with helping people et back on their feet. I do, on the other hand, have a problem with helping someone sit on their BUTT
doing drugs while I work.
     Can you imagine how much money each state would save if people had to pass a urine test to get a public assistance check?  I guess we could call the program "URINE OR YOU'RE OUT"!
--  author unknown  (my comment:  maybe it's a good idea for ALL politicans to have to pass these tests, too)















1 comment:

Steven F. Scharff said...

Or perhaps we're all in "Urine Nation" and if you fail the drug test "Urine Trouble"?