Why this blog?

Because the "900 lb. gorilla in the room" that no one talks about is where we are really headed... not only has the economy hit the skids, and all sorts of environmental events are attention grabbers, but there just MIGHT be something more afoot as we approach 2012. Although Y2K was a "non-event", we probably really ARE on the verge of a consciousness evolution and spiritual revolution. The intent of this blog is to be a harbinger -- to help sound the wake-up call.

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Peak Oil, climate change, and economic hard times are here ~!!


     Here's another site / blog you just GOTTA READ ~!  Two of them really... by the same lady.  I took the liberty of lifting a few of her words below, because they are MUCH better stated than I can do, on the fly: 
See:  http://www.feistylife.com/  She a psychologist and aware of peak oil and the consequences of same on our mental states. 
     "It takes a special individual to step away from their culture’s commonly accepted view of the future. You’ve stepped away from the pack and slipped down into the rabbit hole…  And it is (or can or will take)taking an emotional toll. 
     “Kathy is a psychologist who actually understands Peak Oil. If you are trying to deal with Peak Oil and all its implications (whether it is partners who don’t agree, family, or friends who think you’ve gone off the deep end) and feel that it’s all getting too much, you would be hard pressed to find someone more qualified and empathic than Kathy to lend you a helping hand if you need it… but if you have the opportunity to either meet with Kathy, hear her speak, or phone/email her to help you make sense of what you are going through, she will be able to help you.”I’ve worked with people struggling with these sorts of questions:
•How have other people learned to cope with this realization that things won’t be improving in the foreseeable future? How can I?
•How do I learn to carry on with my life without falling into depression and despair?
•How long does it take people to ‘get back to normal’ and is that even possible or desirable?
•How can I manage the feelings of hopelessness, social isolation, or ridicule from friends and family?
•What do I tell my kids and what if my wife or husband is not on board? Will it kill my marriage or make it stronger? Should I stay or should I go?
•The values and attitudes I now hold have made me a stranger in my own extended family and among my group of friends. But I thought we need a strong community?! Should I forget talking about what I know in order to bond with them? If I do that, how will things change for the better?
•I’ve joined a sustainability group. But there are squabbles and power struggles, and I have become disillusioned. How can I take the lead to change it around?
     "I’ve explored the unique social and emotional challenges we’ll all face in a post-petroleum age. I will help navigate you through the maze of destructive emotional reactions and reach for a more proactive and productive state of mind. We’re extremely relieved to know that others are going through the same emotional roller coaster, or perhaps comforted by the knowledge that this roller coaster is, instead, a train or a boat that bring us to an entirely different sense of ourselves, our world, and our responsible place in it.
     I found "Dr. Peak Shrink" initially at:  http://www.peakoilblues.org/blog/.  You can read all about her professional credentials and offering at the link above.

No comments: